This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
The Graphic Design Intern will assist the Creative and Graphic Design Manager in planning, designing and laying out a variety of written and online communication material for the Marketing team.
Partner with the Earthwatch marketing team to design online and print content. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Laying out expedition manuals for over 60 scientific expeditions across the world.
- Liaising with external printers and checking print quality.
- Organizing the photo database.
- Editing photos in Photoshop according to the needs of various marketing material.
- Providing on-going support to the creative and design manager for other marketing projects.
- Proficiency in InDesign (page layout skills necessary), Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, while also supporting a team.
- Ability to move between multiple projects.
For this role, we are looking for a candidate who can provide 3-5 days per week, for a minimum 10-week commitment.
While this role is unpaid, we do have an attractive intern recognition program. Interns receive certificates to be used towards Earthwatch expeditions, an exciting opportunity to participate in important field research projects.
All applicants must make their own living arrangements for them to stay within commuting distance to Boston, placement will be based on qualifications and availability.